The main gas pipeline system of Georgia has been functioning since 1959 when the first main gas pipeline in Transcaucasia - Karadaagi - Tbilisi.
At the initial stage in Georgia 500 mms diameter 50 km long pipeline from Red Bridge to Tbilisi was functioning. Gardabani, Rustavi and Navtlugi gas distribution stations were in operation. In 1963, Orjonikidze-Tbilisi 700 mm gas pipeline was put into operation, which allowed Georgia to supply natural gas from two independent sources - from Russia and Azerbaijan.
In 1967-1968 the gas pipeline was supplied with 700 and 800 mm gas pipelines in the Karada-Tbilisi and Orjonikidze-Tbilisi parallel. Since 1979-80, Georgia has been operating 1000 km of Kazakhstan-Saguramo 89 km, and from 1988 to 1,200 mm North Caucasian-Transcaucasian gas pipelines. Since 1969, Saguramo has been functioning, and since 1980-81 the subway stations are underway.
Georgia's main gas pipelines are transported to natural gas transportation to the state and transit services for Armenia. The main gas pipeline is operated by Kazbegi, Kvesheti, Saguramo and Terjola Treasury Operating Branches.
The main gas pipeline system includes the following pipelines: "North Caucasus - South Caucasus", "Vladikavkaz-Tbilisi", "Kazakh-Saguramo", "Karadag-Tbilisi", "Gardabani-Navtlugi", "Navtlugi-Saguramo", "Gardabani-Navtlugi Tsalka-Akhalkalaki, "Kothalia-Aspindza", "Aspindza-Akhaltsikhe", "Saguramo-Kutaisi", "Gomi-Khmeli" Ashori-Bakuriani "," Gori-Kareli-Khashuri "," Kutaisi-Sokhumi "," Zestafoni-Poti ".